- History of Enzyme Therapy: This
section describes Dr. Gonzalez's investigations into enzyme therapy
and cancer treatment, starting in 1981 with his investigation into the
work of Dr. William Donald Kelley. A more extensive discussion is available in an article published in the peer-reviewed journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine.
- The Nutritional Research
and Educational Foundation, Inc: This Foundation was established
in 1994 to administer the grant for the pancreatic cancer pilot study
(see below). It fostered research in the areas of nutrition and cancer. A new foundation in Dr. Gonzalez's name has been started by his wife, Mary Beth, to carry on his work and legacy. You can learn more about The Nicholas Gonzalez Foundation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Case Reports: The January/February 2007 issue of the peer-reviewed
healthcare journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine
featured a lengthy interview with Dr.
Gonzalez as well as an article by Dr. Gonzalez and Dr. Isaacs
which includes several case
reports of cancer patients successfully treated with enzyme
therapy. The March/April 2007 issue included an article by Dr.
Isaacs about evaluating anecdotal evidence and case
- Statistics: Some people ask for our statistics thinking that it will help them determine the value of our treatment; however, as we explain in our article published in the peer-reviewed journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine and entitled Statistics: Why Meaningful Statistics Cannot be Generated From a Private Practice, the question is much more complicated than many might think.
- NCI-NIH Funded clinical study: For more information about the NCI-NIH funded clinical study ostensibly set up to test our approach in patients with pancreatic cancer but mismanaged by the academicians in charge, click here.
- 2004 Pancreatic Cancer Animal Study: The abstract
from the article that appeared in the peer-reviewed journal Pancreas.
This report details the results of the administration of the pancreatic
enzyme material used by Dr. Gonzalez and Dr. Isaacs in their treatment
protocols to a group of mice with experimentally induced pancreatic
cancer. This study in animals did not perfectly reproduce the program
as it is administered to humans, but nonetheless the results were very
- 1999 Pancreatic Cancer Pilot Study:
The abstract from the article by Dr. Gonzalez and Dr. Isaacs that appeared
in the peer-reviewed journal Nutrition and
Cancer. This report details the results of their first clinical
trial, a pilot study, in pancreatic cancer.
- 1993 Best Case Series: The presentation
of “best casesâï¿½ï¿½ is a tool that was devised by the National
Cancer Institute for the evaluation of possible new cancer therapies.
Dr. Gonzalez made his presentation of “best casesâï¿½ï¿½ to the
National Cancer Institute in 1993, and subsequently presented three
of them at a National Institutes of Health Workshop on Alternative Medicine
in June of 1994. A summary of Dr. Gonzalezâï¿½ï¿½s presentation appeared in
an NIH newsletter.
- Discoveries in Medicine Article: This article from the fall
of 1990 details some of Dr. Gonzalez's early research efforts
into enzyme therapy and the work
of Dr. William Donald Kelley.
Copyright © Nicholas J. Gonzalez, M.D.
All Rights Reserved